Desktop management can cause serious headaches for today’s IT departments. End users are demanding the freedom and flexibility to access their data and applications from a range of devices and locations. Meanwhile, IT has to manage financial constraints, security concerns and internal policies.
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) is helping IT departments modernize the desktop, but it requires a solid business case.
Watch our Google+ Hangout discussion on how to build your business case for desktop virtualization. Our panel of experts will share their real-world experiences with VDI implementations and provide an overview of:
- How VDI addresses common pain points
- The business benefits and ROI of virtual desktops, from application management to disaster recovery
- How to determine when it makes sense to implement VDI, and when it doesn’t
- Calculating the cost of VDI, including initial investment and long-term ROI
Moderated by Brian Gammage of VMware, our panel will also include:
- Rick Varju, Director of Engineering and Operation at Foley & Lardner
- Barry Coombs, VMware vExpert, Blogger, Co-Author of Building End-User Computing Solutions with VMware View
- Sean O'Mahoney, Vice President - Senior Manager of Technology Services, Republic Bank & Trust Company
- David Davis, VMware vExpert, vSphere Training and Pro Series Instructor